Hi bookworms! Yup, back at it with a tag because I am running out of ideas. So thanks to my cousin for sending me this tag (if you’re reading this you’re an angel) which was created by Simply Kenna on YouTube. So, get some candy and sit back because this is going to be a long ride.
1. Favorite horror or Halloween-themed song?
I have an entire playlist, but my favorite Halloween-themed song hands-down is Black No. 1 (Little Miss Scare All) by Type O Negative. Peter Steele has such a deep, hypnotic voice that unnnfff sends shivers down my spooky, scary skeleton.
2. Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building.
I’m very paranoid so there’s a lot of things I wouldn’t want to run into and most of them are Mexican/Latin folklore like La Llorona, El Cucuy, etc. but I think the main one I would not want to run into at all are duendes (equivalent to elf/goblin in english). I’ve heard several stories about duendes and how they “live in the walls and pick at young children” or they “live in the forest and lure children away.” Pretty much they like children and although I’m not one myself, I would probably shit myself if I saw one. Here are some videos of “duendes” that my sister made me watch as a kid, which now probably see m fake but that’s not the point (1, 2).
3. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
No and I never will. My mama never let any of my sisters go near one and for a good reason too. Plus, I’m not about to let another being into my house. The little ghost boy is already bad enough – although now that I think about it (being superstitious) it could probably be a demon since demons can take form of a child *gasp* that explains a lot. ok. well… next question!
4. Favorite horror monster or villain?
I’m all for the Universal classics like Dracula or Frankenstein’s monster (although if you think about it, Victor Frankenstein is the true monster).
5. The creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
Girl (or boy or person)…. I have plenty although not all of them are of me alone. I think the most memorable one was where I was on the verge of waking up and I felt something tug at my foot and I thought it was my mom because that’s how she’ll wake me up. I didn’t really react because usually after my mom tugs at my leg/foot she’ll start talking to me either to tell me to wake up or that she’s going to go run errands and she’ll be back, but I never heard her say anything. Then I felt the tug again followed by pressure on my legs as if someone laid down on top of me. Which oddly enough is another thing my mom does sometimes, she’ll lay next to me and since my room is dark sometimes she accidentally lays on top of me. I called out to her but didn’t get a reaction so I looked at the time and it was past 3 am and I turned on my phone’s flashlight and there was no one there. I should also add that in my room, that’s where said “little ghost boy” lives.
6. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?
My house is a haunted house… lol. I would as long as it’s not “abandoned” or I have the proper “tools” with me such as: Holy water, my mother’s rosary, my batman blanket for comfort, and salt to make a salt circle (any supernatural fans??).
7. Are you superstitious?
Oh hell yes even though later when I reflect on it I’m like wow that was stupid.
8. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
Yes and it’s always either when I pass the hallway or pass a certain room in the hallway (not mine because it’s too dark to see anything).
9. Which urban legend scares you the most?
Kind of already talked about this earlier about the Duendes so you can go back to No. 2
10. Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
I like both. I don’t mind the gore – as long as it has a good story to it- and thrillers are fun.
11. Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
Yes and I don’t want to go too into detail because then we’d be here forever and I’ll be rambling on and on. I’ll save you the headache.
13. Do you get scared easily?
Yes and no. As mentioned earlier, I’m pretty paranoid so I’m always aware (or try to be aware) of my surroundings but even then I get spooked. For fucks sake I have a knife on me at all times when I’m home alone raise it in defense whenever I hear something or the doorbell rings.
14. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
Hell no, but I do remember some kids in first grade claiming they played it in the bathroom and some girl got a bloody nose and bled “everywhere.” As a kid it spooked me but now it’s just whatever.
15. Do you believe in demons/the devil?
16. You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
Like I said, I always have a knife on me so I’m ready to go into fight mode if necessary.
17. If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
The Orphanage (El Orfanato) Not sure why since it used to scare the jeebus out of me but what could be so scary about ghost children (* insert what I said earlier about child spirits being demons)
18. If you could only wear one Halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
Either Morticia Addams or Lily Munster. I love them both so much and it goes with almost any event.
19. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
Hmm… I don’t know. I would if I wasn’t alone
20. In a zombie apocalypse what is your weapon of choice?
Probably machete since it’d probably look badass but that might only work for close encounters.
21. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
I’d rather goto a party. I always felt awkward trick or treating and I’d rather be dancing to the Monster Mash under the moonlight.
22. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, first to die, the comic relief, the smart one, or the killer?
Probably the smart one – that’s the closest to the “mom” friend right? But at the same time if a killer is after me I’d accept my fate. Hell, I’ll even lie down to make it easier for them.
23. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can goto sleep?
It depends. If I really spooked myself yes. If I didn’t then I’ll probably end up looking up more scary things on the internet before bed.
24. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
Um I’m the person who makes the most inappropriate jokes ever.
25. Are you the one who gets scared or the one who does the scaring?
I’m the one who gets scared.
26. Favorite scary book?
The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White as of recent.
27. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
I’m not sure… I think the first horror movie I saw was Final Destination. That came out in 2000… I was 2 but it was probably a few years after it came out when my sisters rented the movie so maybe around 5 or 6?
28. What was your first Halloween costume?
The first one I can remember is Cinderella. She was (still is) my favorite princess and my mom made me the dress, which we still have stored away.
29. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
I don’t have the time or funds to make a costume so I might be the generic witch or maybe I could do a young Morticia Addams.
30. If you could have a spooky Halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
I want a bat. No hesitation there. They’re basically flying puppies 😍.
If you made it this far, congrats! You’re at the end of this tag! I did have fun doing this and thanks to my cousin for sending me this. I’ll be back tomorrow for another Halloween post 😊🕸
🕸 Stay spooky my friends 🕸