Hey bookworms! It is OFFICIALLY spooky season (although spooky season for me starts in September on my birthday)! I honestly cannot wait for what this month will bring and to start off I wanted to share my spooky TBR (To be read) list. If you know me, you’ll know I am an absolute mood reader and can never stick to a TBR list. However, I am very determined this month to stick to horror/mystery/thrillers or books that just give me that spooky vibe (how many times can I say spooky in this post? We shall see 😂😂 ).
- A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares – Krystal Sutherland | I mentioned this on my last post that I started reading this and I didn’t get to finish on time so I’m carrying it over. I am about halfway now and I’m really liking it so far and I think I will write a review just because it deals with mental health (my forte).
- Hocus Pocus & The All New Sequel – A. W. Jantha | Same thing with the previous book, I started this in September but didn’t finish on time. I did start the second part (sequel) and I am curious to see how it’ll progress.
- In the Hall with the Knife – Diana Peterfreund | Funny how JUST when I was about to write this post I get *this* in the mail and I am so excited! It says it’s based off of the board game Clue and it will be a trilogy. I’ll also be posting a review for this.
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein – Kiersten White | I got this last year and then forgot about it 😂😂 I’m sure the hype is gone for this book now but oh well.
- More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark/ Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark 3 – Alvin Schwartz | Grouping these 2 together because they’re short books. Also didn’t include the first installment because I already read that twice this year 😂
- Two Can Keep a Secret – Karen McManus | Not entirely a spooky, spooky book but it is a mystery/thriller (plus I’ve been meaning to read this for a while now).
*edit: I included a picture of the books but it wasn’t showing so I removed it
Well there’s my spooky tbr and if you have read any of these please let me know your thoughts about it (spoiler-free please) or let me know what’s on your tbr for October. I’d love to hear your responses. Until next time!