Hey bookworms! Long time no see huh! I’ve been feeling uninspired lately and am still getting used to the new semester at Uni. It’s been a little hectic but I manage.
I’ve already mentioned some of these books on my Birthday Haul post so I won’t go too into detail about those.
- The Merciless II, III, & IV – Danielle Vega | I decided to group these together since they are a series after all.
- The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle – Stuart Turton
- Jim Henson’s Labyrinth: Coronation Vol. 2 – Simon Spurrier | I think I missed this one on my last post but this was also apart of my birthday haul
- Wintersong & Shadowsong – S. Jae-Jones | Grouping these together as well because it’s a duology. I’m so excited to read these!
- The Big Book of Serial Killers – Jack Rosewood | Also a birthday gift… honestly what can I say? They fascinate me and I like discovering the psychology behind some of them. (for example did you know that some serial killers find it hard to kill their mothers? Although terrible in general makes me wonder why, besides the obvious)
I only *finished* 4 books at the time I’m writing this post but I am working on 2 more.
- The Merciless I, II, III, IV – Danielle Vega | Yes, I read the entire series this month and I regret N O T H I N G. Honestly it prepped me for the spooky season and frankly I loved these so much I devoured them once I started. They also got 4 stars all around. I would have rated it higher but some parts were predictable. For example, there was a repeating pattern with the love interests. Moral or the story, they can either end up disappointing you or turn against you with some sick sadistic shit. I still loved them. However I must warn against triggers. There is a LOT of gore – quite descriptive and some pretty messed up stuff.
As mentioned before I am currently working on 2 books and hopefully will finish by the time this goes up (in which I will insert an edit).
- Hocus Pocus & the All New Sequel – A. W. Jantha | Bought this last year and finally getting around to reading it. I kind of skimmed over the first half since it was just the movie plot and I’m just starting part 2 (or the sequel). I have read mixed reviews so I’m kind of nervous.
- The Semi-Definite List of Worst Nightmares – Krystal Sutherland | Also bought this last spooky season and then forgot about it but now I am very determined to finish it.
Well… there it is. I apologize for the lack of posts but I swear I have some stuff planned out for October. 🙂 Until next time!