Hey bookworms! It’s finally May! I would insert a “it’s gonna be May” gif but it’s already May so what’s the point. Moving on, we have a new top 5 Wednesday prompt today and you can check out the Top 5 Wednesday group on Goodreads
This week’s prompt is…
May 1st: Bookish Things I’ve Changed My Mind About — This can cover any bookish topic you want: tropes, characters, TBRs, genres, anything!
- Genre – Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Specifically, space operas) // Before I thought sci-fi/ fantasy were for super geeks (think extreme Star Wars fanatics – I do like Star Wars, just not like some people), but now that I started to read more and more space operas I realize how cool and amazing they are. I definitely want to read more.
- Character – Julian from Caraval by Stephanie Garber // When I started reading this I had mixed feelings about Julian, part of me wanted to like him but the other part didn’t entirely trust him. I even texted my cousin, who’s read it before, and asked her “Do we like Julian or not?” to which she responded “Yessssss 💕💕💕” By the end of the book, I ended up liking Julian.
- Trope – Insta-love // Once upon a time, I devoured Insta-love stories, I couldn’t get enough. However, that was when I read Wattpad religiously (now I don’t) and was in love with the idea of love, now I see how cheesy and cringey it can be (my opinion, if you like it you do you boo).
- Genre (?) – Vampire books // I’ve mentioned this on a post about how my reading habits have changed and long-story-short I don’t read vampire books anymore. I just don’t have an interest in them anymore.
- I can’t think of anything else so I’ll just stop here.
Pretty short post today. Hope you enjoyed. Until next time!