Hey bookworms! Sad to say that this is the last top 5 of the month and the first one I’ve been able to write. I’ve been so busy with school work lately as I’m getting closer to the end of the semester.
(check out the Top 5 Wednesday group on Goodreads)
Today’s prompt is…
April 24th: Rainy Day Reads
- Whatever My Current Read Is | I’m a mood reader so I read whatever I’m in the mood for regardless of the season or weather. However, since it barely rain in SoCal, I tend to lean more towards gloomy reads or poetry.
- Girl, Interrupted – Susanna Kaysen | Something about this book makes me want to read it during a gloomy, rainy day.
- Sea of Strangers – Lang Leav | As mentioned, I like to read poetry on gloomy days if I’m in the mood for it. I just like the personal feel poetry gives. I want to feel all the emotions.
- I Hope My Voice Doesn’t Skip – Alicia Cook | More poetry. This one is among my favorites; Alicia has such a way with words that I can’t explain.
- Heartless – Marissa Meyer | Some rainy days (which aren’t many) I get down in the dumps and want to read something that will rip my heart out and when that happens I reach for Heartless.
This is a rather short one, I know. By next month I should be more consistent with my posts. I only have a few weeks left of school and then I won’t have to worry about it interfering with my blog until late August.
Until next time!