I may or may have not intentionally made this post on a Monday… Today we have the bookish playlist for Monday’s Not Coming by Tiffany Jackson. I was pleasantly surprised by it and I’m still not over it. Anyway, a few of the songs listed were mentioned in the book and will be marked with “(M).” There are probably a few songs that were mentioned missing since I forgot to keep track until almost the end like the dummy I am.
Disclaimer: there are a few baby spoilers, but in my opinion they’re a little vague. However, never fear because there are a few that have no relation to the plot and were just songs I happened to be listening to a lot while reading.
- All I Ask – Adele (M)
- Pieces of Me – Rare Essence (M)
- Zombie – Bad Wolves (Sixpence Non the Richer cover) | The chorus is somber yet angry as if it could be played during a funeral for a wrongful death.
- 24 – Lana del Rey | I was going to put how the lyrics reminded me of how desperate Claudia was to find Monday but that was before I realized the lyrics were about something else. Then again, Claudia must’ve counted the hours that Monday was missing.
- Guess I’m Doing Fine – Beck | For Claudia while she searches for Monday, sometimes on her own after no one believes her and for making it seem as if she was fine sometimes.
- Key Lyrics: “It’s only lies that I’m living/ It’s only tears that I’m crying/ It’s only you that I’m losing/ Guess I’m doing fine”
- The Hills – The Weekend | Lately I’ve been listening to music I wouldn’t normally listen to (hence, The Weekend) and I did listen to The Weekend while reading.
- After the Storm – Kali Uchis | Somewhat motivational song that came up while I was reading.
- Key Lyrics: “The sun’ll come up/ Nothing good ever comes easy/ I know times are rough/ But winners don’t quit/ So don’t you give up.”
- Pray For Me – The Weekend | This song will forever remind me of Black Panther. Gosh, I love that film so much.
- Coming Home – Kali Uchis | Lyrics kind of reminded me of when Claudia starts to realize she has to move on.
- Key Lyrics: “But nothing would ever heal the wound…/ No, nothing/ Now I gotta go/ I’m coming home/ Coming home, it’s been too long/ If they wanna know tell ’em I went home”
- River – Bishop Briggs | I know I’m not the only one who’s seen the dance videos from a Los Angeles dance studio. I couldn’t help but imagining Claudia and Monday or just Claudia recreating Galen Hooks’ choreography for River. If you haven’t seen it, you can watch it here. I swear I can watch it over and over again and still want to learn how to dance it.
That’s all for today folks!Until next time!