I feel as if it’s been a long time since I’ve last done a bookish playlist. I was supposed to schedule this last week, but personal things kept coming up and prevented me from writing for most of my spring break (and no, I did not end up going to The Last Bookstore in Los Angeles :/). But without a further ado let’s continue with the music.
**Oh! I want to try something new. I’m debating on adding a link to each song so please let me know if you like this. If you don’t let me know so I won’t spend more time than necessary to write this post.
Disclaimer: I will try my best not to include major plot spoilers but be aware of minor spoilers. You have been warned.
- When the World Was at War, We Kept Dancing – Lana Del Rey
- I get a sense of finding a good time during the bad times when I listen to this song and I wish I could point out exactly where I would apply this song but it would be spoiling the most of the book.
- Change – Lana Del Rey
- A song I was listening to that I really liked.
- Spectacular Rival – George Ezra
- When I was listening to this song, there was a very intense scene and I can’t remember what it was and this is going to bug me all night.
- A Girl Like You – Edwyn Collins
- `OK, I fell in love with Cress and Thorne (whoops was that a spoiler? Sorry!). Anyway, I could imagine Thorne and Cress dancing to this and Thorne lip-syncing this to Cress. How cute would that be!
- Stars Are Blind – Paris Hilton
- Hear me out. I don’t care about her rep, but Paris had a FEW good songs on that album she released years ago – judge me all you want. The title itself implies a little bit of dark comedy so if you’re not into that I apologize in advance. It has to do with the fact that Thorne went blind and it can be Cress’ song for Thorne.
- El Tango de Roxanne – Moulin Rouge soundtrack
- MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD – I TRIED NOT TO INCLUDE MAJOR SPOILERS BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT – SCROLL DOWN TO THE NEXT RED TEXT FOR THE END OF THE SPOILER
- Ok, so this song reminded me of how Cinder tried to stop (or push back) the wedding and how it must’ve hurt her seeing Kai with Levana even though he has not feelings for her and this song portrays that hurt very well (even in the film). This song is so passionate and has a very dramatic ending that fits oh so well with the situation. (for the lyrics: Christian = the guy that can’t stand seeing his beloved in the arms of another, Tango Dancer = the guy who sings Roxanne by the Police at the same time) *I included the film scene so you can experience this underrated masterpiece – trigger warning: domestic violence*
- Key lyrics:
His eyes upon your face
His hand upon your hand
His lips caress your skin
It’s more than I can stand!Christian:
Why does my heart cry?
Feelings I can’t fight!
You’re free to leave me but
Just don’t deceive me!
…and please believe me when I say
I love you!
- END OF SPOILER
- Tightrope – The Greatest Showman soundtrack
- I saw this as Cinder’s song for Kai – she’s doing a lot for him and for the better good for both Earth and Luna.
- Key Lyrics:
We’re walking the tightrope
Never sure, never know how far we could fall
But it’s all an adventure
That comes with a breathtaking view
…So I risk it all just to be with you
And I risk it all for this life we choose
- Kiss Me – Sixpencee None the Richer
- So the first time this song played was when Cress and Thorne kissed and I thought that was adorable. The second time around it was kind of on purpose because I knew it was going to happen; however, it wasn’t Cress and Thorne this time. It was our (or my) favorite cyborg mechanic and the new crowned Emperor.
- Revolution – The Beatles
- A song for what’s to come…
- With a Little Help From My Friends – The Beatles
- For Cinder, who couldn’t have gone so far without the help of her friends.
Let me know if you liked this playlist or if I should keep on adding the link to the song for further posts. As always, thanks for tuning in! Also let me know if any of the links aren’t functioning. I’d be happy to provide another.
Until next time!