Greetings and Salutations, your ghost with the most here and welcome to another bookish playlist.
Now this playlist will be different than the rest since it is a poetry book. I recently read Stuff I’ve Been Feeling Lately by Alicia Cook and I enjoyed how the author included a song for each poem and provided a different song for the “remix’ versions of the same poems. I decided to pick my favorite songs out of the ones included. Since it is poetry, I won’t provide any additional commentary after each song as I usually do so no spoilers here!
- Forever Young – Rod Stewart
- Just Breath – Pearl Jam
- With a Little Help From My Friends – The Beatles
- The Boys of Summer – Don Henley
- Free Bird – Lynard Skynard
- We Are the Champions – Queen
- It Will Rain – Bruno Mars
- I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
- How to Save a Life – The frey
- Bittersweet Symphony – The Verve
- Tears Dry on Their Own – Amy Winehouse
- Radio – Lana del Rey
- Hallelujah – Rufus Wainwright
- The Show – Lenka
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- Where Did You Sleep Last Night? – Nirvana
- Wild Horses – The Rolling Stones
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Happy Together – The Turtles
- Imagine – John Lennon
What I really liked about this collection of poems was the variety of music genre for the songs included. It ranged from country to 90s grunge to the most recent tunes.
Thanks for tuning in. Stay amazing my friends,