Greetings and salutations, your ghost with the most here with another bookish playlist.
I will try my best not to include major spoilers, but just in case, beware of spoilers!
- The End – The Doors
- The fact that the book starts off in the 60s reminded me of The Doors and psychedelic music. And when the Gold children visit the psychic, I couldn’t help but think of this song – just the hippie vibe this song gives.
- Every Little Thing She Does is Magic – The Police
- Klara’s theme song
- My Sweet Lord – George Harrison
- Hit the Road Jack – Ray Charles
- The song was mentioned in the book
- She’s Leaving Home – The Beatles
- This song reminded me not only of Klara but Simon too. They both leave their home in New York to find freedom in San Francisco.
- Nessuno mi può giudicare – Caterina Caselli
- The translation of the title is: No One Can Judge Me. I’m making this Simon’s theme song because well he’s a gay man living in a time where they weren’t accepted in society.
- My favorite line from the song has to be:
- Nessuno mi può giudicare nemmeno tu which translates to “No one can judge me not even you”
- Let’s Live For Today – The Grass Roots
- Daniel’s theme song. Daniel refuses to believe what that psychic told him so long ago that he’d rather live in the moment.
- Take It As It Comes – The Doors
- A song I’d like to dedicate to Varya – I feel like she is too tense and this is a song about enjoying life and enjoy the little things and not to worry about the bad things.
- Your Time is Gonna Come – Led Zeppelin
- The title itself gives it a sense of the inevitable: death.
- Going to California – Led Zeppelin
- Another song for Simon (Could be about Klara too, but I feel like it applies more to Simon)
- The song itself talks about a man leaving his “unkind woman” (his mother in this case since her grief turned to anger towards him) and going to California as the title suggests in order to fulfill his dreams and find love.
Thanks for tuning in folks, I’ll see you in the next post.
Stay awesome my friends,