Greetings and salutations, your ghost with the most here.
I’m a part of a lovely group on Goodreads (The Perks of Bring a Book Addict) and I have decided to challenge myself with their December Challenge.
- You may choose how many tasks you’d like to complete, from 1 to 7.
- Each task can only be completed once and each book can only be used for 1 task.
- Books must be at least 150 pages long.
- Any book format may be used: physical, electronic, audio.
- For audio pages just use the first edition of the book that pops up when you do a search for the book.
- All books must be started and finished within the challenge month.
- Gingerbread Man: Male POV, Read a book that is from a male perspective.
- Percy Jackson – Rick Riordan (I think it’s time I reread this and hopefully finish the series – if I get the last 2 books)
- Elves: Short Book, Tradition states that elves are short, so reading a book with less than 300 pages.
- Noisy Outlaws, Unfriendly Blobs, and Some Other Things That Aren’t as Scary – Ted Thompson and Eli Horowitz (this had been staring at me since September…)
- Mistletoe: People Kissing, Kissing under the mistletoe is popular in December, so finding a book with a couple kissing on the cover.
- I don’t think I own a book with a couple kissing on the cover
- Santa: Big Book, Notoriously known for his over-sized belly, read a book as big as Santa something with more than 400 pages.
- A Court of Mist and Fury – Sarah J. Maas (*fingers crossed I get ACOWAR for Christmas)
- Candy Cane: ‘J’ Author, Candy canes are shaped like a ‘J’ so read a book that is written by an author with their first or last name beginning with ‘J’.
- Marlena – Julie Buntin (I’ve had this since May and every time I say I’m going to start it, I end up reading something else…)
- Christmas Tree: Colorful Cover, A book with more than 4 colors on the cover.
- Cinder – Marissa Meyer (This just gives me the excuse to reread The first two books so I can get to Cress and hopefully I’ll get Winter for Christmas too 😄)
- Ornaments: Circular Designs, Most ornaments are circular in shape, so finding a book whose cover has a circular shape image.
- 1984 – George Orwell (This is probably going to be the most challenging one on this list. I’ve tried reading this and no matter how much people praise it, I just can’t. Might have to get the audio book for this one.)
I’m not sure how many tasks I’ll do, but I will attempt at 6/7. If you’d like, feel free to join in. I’m not entirely sure if it’s just members only, but why not? The more the merrier, right? Anyways, I want to start doing more monthly challenges and I will most likely be pulling ideas from the Goodreads group until I create my own. Thanks for tuning in, until next time!
Stay spooky my friends,